Sunday, May 7, 2023

Early promise fizzled out.

Birdcast reported nearly a million birds on the move on Friday night/ Saturday morning. I put my iPhone on the deck with Merlin listening and it was hearing lots of migrants in the yard. Here's just a few it heard.


The light was very bright and not good for photography but around 2pm I set up the blind but it was very quiet, I went back out after dinner and after a couple of slow hours as I was about to call it a day when a Black-throated Blue Warbler showed up followed by a flashy American Redstart which the Blue shooed away. They both came back but the light was dying so I only managed a few shots.

The good news is that last night Birdcast reported over 3.1 million birds over the county, and so it begins. 
 
American Redstart
Black-throated Blue Warbler
Eastern Bluebird
Eastern Bluebird
Gray Catbird
White-throated Sparrow

No comments:

Post a Comment