Saturday, May 22, 2021

Saturday at the Waterfall

This morning I spent and hour or so out on the upper deck power washing away all the Hickory catkins and bird crap now that the leaves are large enough to catch it on the way down. Well that's the theory anyway.  I got the cushions out, grabbed the bins and sat watching the waterfall for a while. At one point there was a Brown Thrasher, a Scarlet Tanager, an Indigo Bunting and a Robin all at the same time. The light was beautiful but I wasn't there. After lunch I set the blind and went and sat in there for a while. Initially it was pretty slow and I was photographing the more mundane residents  then I was invaded by a horde of newly fledged Starlings. What a racket, they were bathing for what was probably the first time, drinking, flying into the blind and squawking like banshee's. I endured that for a while and was rewarded with a Scarlet Tanager so that made up for it. I came in around 2:45 to make a nice cup of tea and see the results on my computer.

American Robin
Common Grackle
Indigo Bunting
Northern Cardinal
Scarlet Tanager
Scarlet Tanager

No comments:

Post a Comment