Saturday, May 1, 2021

A 3 Warbler Day

 After the high winds yesterday and last night I wasn't expecting much if any migration today. It turned into a 3 warbler day which was very pleasing.  I first saw a Myrtle Warbler and a Red-breasted Nuthatch while sitting on the deck around lunchtime. I decided there and then I was going to set the blind up later in the afternoon. I hadn't been in there long when a Palm Warbler came to bathe. That was nice. I fired away and got several shots. Then I noticed a sneaky Myrtle Warbler which had popped in and was bathing while I was screwing with the iPhone. Missed him. Shortly after I saw 2 Myrtle Warblers disappearing after bathing. Damn!  I need to concentrate on what I was doing, low attention span these days. Well my intense concentration paid off when shortly after a Nashville turned up. I managed to get some shots of him too. 

So in the immortal words of Meatloaf, two out of three ain't bad. Plus a Catbird for good measure.

Gray Catbird
Gray Catbird
Nashville Warbler
Nashville Warbler
Nashville Warbler
Palm Warbler
Palm Warbler
Palm Warbler
Palm Warbler

No comments:

Post a Comment