Sunday, May 2, 2021

Another 3 Warbler Day

 I sat outside on the deck this morning having a nice cup of English Breakfast and looking and listening for birds. All I could see and hear were 3 or more Baltimore Orioles chasing each other around the tree tops. I popped up to see a mate this morning and while there we saw a Scarlet Tanager. There was obviously some reasonable movement last night. Coming home I sat in the blind for a few hours and the damn Robins were a real pain scrapping all the time and scaring away several other birds wanting to drink and bathe. I'll be glad when they settle down. The Oriole's weren't much better, there were 3 males at least and an Orchard Oriole briefly. A Common Yellowthroat turned up as did  a brief Northern Parula while several different Myrtles were around all the time. Mr's Bluebird needed a much needed bath after sitting in the nest box on top of babies or eggs, I haven't looked and dont intend to. Not a bad day at the waterfall. Thunderstorms tomorrow apparently and following those anything can happen. Tornado's, falling tree's,  warblers dropping out of the sky, I'll pass on the tornado's and falling trees.

American Robin
Baltimore Oriole
Baltimore Oriole
Carolina Chickadee


Common Yellowthroat

Eastern Bluebird
Myrtle Warbler
Myrtle Warbler 
Northern Parula
White-throated Sparrow

No comments:

Post a Comment