Monday, October 31, 2022

Monday Morning and it's quiet out there.

When I got set up it was very quiet, I suspect the Cooper's hawk was on the prowl looking for breakfast. I persevered and was patient and eventually I started hearing birds. I set the Merlin Sound ID listening  and it heard Blue Jay, American Robin, Dark-eyed Junco, Red-bellied and DownyWoodpeckers, Carolina Wren, White-breasted Nuthatch, Red-breasted Nuthatch, White-throated Sparrow and even a Hermit Thrush. Eventually a Downy Woodpecker showed up, first a female then a male, the extremely noisy Carolina Wren started pecking around and I managed to get it in full chirp. Several Junco's got close and I managed not just one but two together, one darker than the other, they do come in all shades of grey, not as many as 50 though. 

Carolina Wren
Dark-eyed Junco
Dark-eyed Junco
Dark-eyed Junco
Dark-eyed Junco
Downy Woodpecker

No comments:

Post a Comment