Wednesday, October 5, 2022

Lens was just right

 Early this afternoon it was still heavy overcast and drizzly but there were two Red-bellied Woodpeckers  on the feeder at the same time so I thought sod it I'll give it an hour with flash. This week I used the sensible 500mm rather than the 800mm I used last week which proved to be too long for this setting.

I even got a first of the fall/winter season Red-breasted Nuthatch which I thought I heard yesterday so that was a bonus.

Blue Jay
Blue Jay
Carolina Chickadee (or hybrid)
Downy Woodpecker
Downy Woodpecker
Red-bellied Woodpecker
Red-breasted Nuthatch
Red-breasted Nuthatch

2 comments:

  1. Really nice images Mike, I guess the prime lenses help? Love the Siri tale :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, the 500PF is just right for the distance, I get more leeway to get the bigger birds in the frame. I'm hoping the RB Nuthatches stick around all winter.

    ReplyDelete