Saturday, August 21, 2021

Been a bit busy doing nothing.

 It's been a over a week since since I posted anything. No excuse just too busy doing nothing in particular.

These are in no particular order. I went up to the Quittaphilla Wetlands as there had been quite a few waders reported. Not much when I went, a few Spotted Sandpipers and a couple of Lesser Yellowlegs. There was a nice Willow Flycatcher (according to my Merlin App) but I never got a shot of him.

It's amazing just how many different species of bee there are visiting my flowers, no idea what they are though.

The Mexican Sunflowers are amazing, they're a real hit for the butterflies. Last year the huge Cherry that took out my shed also took out a large Mimosa Tree in one of the flower beds in the front yard. With the Mimosa gone the flowers are doing so much better. At times there's 4 or 5 Monarch’s chasing each other around and they're obviously procreating as I've found lots of caterpillars munching my Milkweeds. 

Bee on Mountain Mint
Bee on Yellow Coneflower
Another type of Bee on Yellow Cone Flower
Blue Lobelia
Meadow Fritillary
Mexican Sunflower
Monarch Caterpillar turning into a cocoon
Monarch Caterpillars munching Swamp Milkweed
Monarch Cocoon
Purple Loosestrife
Spotted Sandpiper
Spotted Sandpiper

No comments:

Post a Comment