Sunday, August 29, 2021

Assorted Bugs

I seem to have a photographic subject calendar or so it seems. Early in the year its Cats and birds at the feeder because it's too nasty to be outside or if it is OK then it's the field birds if there's snow on the ground. A little later in the year it's Snow Geese at Middle Creek or maybe a trip out to see the Harlequin's at Barnegat Lighthouse. After that it's Bluebirds and anything else that shows up at the feeder. Late April and May is dedicated to Warblers and other migrants that show up for a drink or a bath at my waterfall. Best time of year for me, you just never know what's going to pop in next. When the migrants have all headed North it's a bit of a doldrum situation. It's too hot to sit in the blind at the waterfall photographing the resident breeders so it's waiting for the butterflies and flowers. Then it seems it's what bugs I can find in the yard and occasionally shots from up at the hawkwatch. Later in the year I usually manage a trip out to the coast after that I hope to get down to Conowingo Dam for the Eagles. Then it's Christmas and harassing the cats again. Right now it's time for Bugs.

Bee on Joe Pye Weed
Katydid
Lady or Lady Bug as we call her.
Mexican Sunflowers are still going strong
Piggyback Bugs or Fornicating Bugs I'm not sure.

Wheel Bugs. 

No comments:

Post a Comment