Friday, April 23, 2021

Freezing my ass off in the golden hour.

 It was a pleasant 68F this afternoon when I set the blind up in front of the waterfall. I stayed out photographing the usual residents until about 4:30 when I came in to cook dinner. Kelly and I then went out on a date to Dairy Queen for an M&M Blizzard. I know how to show her a good time time eh? As the light looked pretty gorgeous I went back outside and it wasn't long before it started to feel very chilly as the temperature started dropping. I was hoping for a warbler and I'm pretty sure I could hear one ticking away nearby. A Blue Jay dropped in and the light was really nice as the sunlight filtered through the trees at the back of me. A Tufted Titmouse came and perched on just about every stump and root available. The shot I like best has the blue Jacobs Ladder in the background. It was approaching 7PM when a Song Sparrow flew in for a quick drink. He landed on a favorite perch of an old root, I've lost count of the birds that I've photographed on that old upside down root. Thats it I thought, I was shivering just wearing a thin shirt. Just as I was about to take the camera off the tripod and call it a night when this beauty just flew in.  He had a good old drink and then a Blue Jay came and spooked him. Brown Thrashers are quite long birds and the first couple of shots I missed his tail. I'm glad I stayed out just that bit longer.

Brown Thrasher
Brown Thrasher
Blue Jay
Song Sparrow
Tufted Titmouse

No comments:

Post a Comment