Tuesday, February 2, 2021

Winter Storm Warning III

Well after the storm blew through we were left with plenty of driftage. We ended up with 12-14 inches and much more in the drifts. I went out last night to clear the 50 yard drive driveway so I could get out to an early appointment. The snow ploughs had taken a big dump across the bottom of the drive as usual but the Outback just drove through it. When I got back I fired up the snowblower again and removed the 6 inches or so that fell last night. I started to clear my neighbors drive but the knobbly tire came off the rim which prevented me from doing more. 

On my way up the lane this morning I spread some seed out for the Horned Larks. This paid off when I drove back as there were 50+ in the field. By midday this had increased to 100+ along with at least 2 Lapland Longspurs. I didn't get many shots as there was a very active Merlin chasing them around. I'll go up later and have another go if it brightens up a bit.
Driftage
Horned Lark
Lapland Longspur
Lapland Longspur

No comments:

Post a Comment