Wednesday, February 24, 2021

Nice light down the lane.

At 6am when the herd began pounding the bedroom door wanting their breakfast I immediately checked the sky. Sure enough a glow on the horizon so it looked promising for the field birds down the lane. Wasn't long before I grabbed the bins and camera and was heading up there.When I pulled up there were about 50 or so Horned Larks and about 10 or so Snow Buntings feeding on the seed I put out yesterday. When I pulled up on the opposite side of the road they flew off about 50 yards away as they do when ever a car goes past. I spread some sunflower kernels as they would not be too noticeable on the snow. They came back as soon as I hopped back in the car. The Snow Buntings are always among the first to filter back giving me a chance to get some isolated shots. I was up there about 1/2 hour and several cars and a tractor came past scattering them but after a Merlin scattered them a long way off I came home. I took 859 shots in that 1/2 hour. After several rounds of culling I narrowed it down to these few.
Horned Larks and Snow Buntings
Horned Lark
Snow Bunting
Snow Bunting
Snow Bunting
Snow Bunting

No comments:

Post a Comment