Sunday, May 17, 2020

Weekend Birds

After the Fox cubs yesterday morning I wasn't that enthusiastic about going outside as it was pretty humid and the light wasn't that good. Or so it seemed. When I did get in the hide the light was pretty nice. Not overly bright but not the harsh, glary light you can get in mid afternoon. It was a nice diffused light created by the cloud layer. Nice. Sunday was just overcast but not too bad. and I'm glad I did go out for a bit. It was a bit slow at times so I started making a list of all the warblers I've seen in the back yard. It was only when the Parula showed up that I realized I'd forgotten to add it to the list so it was nice reminder. I remember where but not when I saw my first Parula. It was a warm Saturday afternoon on St Mary's in the Isles of Scilly in the early 90's. We hadn't even been to the flat, we just went straight from the dock to see it. It was in an ivy covered tree near the tennis courts. Long while ago.


Baltimore Oriole

Female Common Yellowthroat 
Female House Finch
Myrtle Warbler
Northern Parula
Northern Parula
Baltimore Oriole

No comments:

Post a Comment