Saturday, May 2, 2020

At the Waterfall.... Part I

Saturday May 2nd was pretty nice, warm, partially cloudy meaning a lot of sunshine. We had lunch on the deck and sitting there with the binoculars scanning the tree's and bushes it was obvious that a load of warblers had arrived. Lot's of Myrtle's and a Prairie Warbler right in the prime spot on my waterfall. After lunch I set up the blind and went and sat in it. Crap it was hot in there. Not much action at all until Mr's Cardinal came down for a bathe. She looks like one of those Angry Birds from the computer game. She kept me  amused while I was waiting for the warblers to come back.

Cardinal

Cardinal

Cardinal


I didn't have to wait too long after Mr's Cardinal left before the Prairie Warbler came back, there were two as I could see one in the bush above the waterfall while the first was bathing. Then the action heated up with the arrival of the first of several Myrtle Warbler's.


Prairie Warbler



Myrtle Warbler

While photographing the Myrtle this nice White-throated Sparrow decided to join them.

White-throated Sparrow
Then this guy decided he was going to crash the swimming party. At this point I'm going to quit but don't miss tomorrows thrilling episode.

Baltimore Oriole





No comments:

Post a Comment