Monday, January 24, 2022

Note to Self

 At Barnegat Lighthouse Jetty, if it's below 40f and there's more than a 1mph wind blowing, forget it, go somewhere else.

Damn it was cold, the temps were just below freezing but the wind was a killer at 10-15 knots from the North. I was constantly having to take my outer gloves off to blow my nose,  whoops there goes another close Harlequin, my eyes were streaming, damn there goes a close Long-tailed Duck. My feet were warm, my legs were warm, my body was toasty, my head was warm thanks to my fleecy hat but my fingers were like icicles. The left one holding the lens wasn't too bad but the right holding the camera was hurting. You can't  take pictures with 2 pairs of gloves on. My car seat has heaters, the steering wheel has heating elements, why can't my camera come with a built in heater.

I've been watching the 10 day weather forecasts and every other day the winds were even stronger. I want to go back but I'll try and get a day without any wind.

Here's one from today of my favorite Duck. See tomorrow's next thrilling installment of Mike Goes Birding in New Jersey.

Long-tailed Duck

No comments:

Post a Comment