Wednesday, January 19, 2022

Nice Winter day, it got above freezing.

The Snow is slowly melting in the slightly warmer temperatures. Some more on the way tomorrow apparently.

Years ago Kelly bought me a hanging bird feeder made out of a branch that had holes drilled in to place suet for the woodpeckers to eat. I went out to fill it up and as I grabbed at the bottom to lift it off the hook a little Ruby-crowned Kinglet landed on it and started eating. Just 18" away, it was amazing, tiny little thing just chomping away. The Brown Creeper was on it later, I'm trying to entice him onto the Silver Birch so I can get a shot of him. No luck yet, but I'm patient. Here's a selection of birds that did come to feed.

Eastern Bluebird
Northern Mockingbird
Northern Mockingbird
Starling
White-breasted Nuthatch

No comments:

Post a Comment