Tuesday, June 28, 2016

Tree Flowers and a Butterfly

Probably my favorite tree out the many in the yard is the Catalpa or Cigar Tree.  In June it has this gorgeous flowers and they smell wonderful. I think they remind me of the Frangipani flowers but I might be wrong as I don't have one to compare.The leaves are huge, probably 10inches (250mm) and sort of oval shaped. We had to have it pruned this spring and it seems to have done it the world of good as it's sprouting like crazy. In the fall they have these long bean like seed pods. I'll have to try and grow some from seed. I have some Osage Orange trees which were grown from seed, just got to find a suitable place for them.


Catalpa Flowers

Catalpa Flowers

Clouded Sulphur
I came across this Sulphur while out for a short walk this afternoon.

No comments:

Post a Comment