Tuesday, June 7, 2016

Afternoon Walk

It was a nice late spring afternoon and after a nice picnic lunch with Kelly I set off for Ft Indiantown Gap. First stop was 2nd Mountain as there was thunderstorm brewing but it didn't amount to anything. It was still a bit breezy up there so the butterflies were in more sheltered areas in the valleys I presume. A careful walk around due to creepy crawly things up there I came across this little toad. I didn't want to get down on the deck in all the leaf litter because I didn't want any creepy crawly hitchhikers sucking my blood. Dropping down into the valley theres a nice little wetland area and there were several Damselflies. Heading back round Memorial Lake a walk across the dam and some flowers were nice. I really need to get a Flower Identification book.

Little Toad

Damselfly

Memorial Lake

Flower?

Rubus flagellaris
Dewberry


Flower?
Potentilla

Hairy Flowers?

Mitchella repens 

Partridgeberry

Hairy Flowers?

Mitchella repens 

Partridgeberry





No comments:

Post a Comment