Saturday, April 25, 2015

Miscellaneous photos from today

Saturday lunchtime and a good deal warmer than yesterday. So Kelly and I went out to lunch at Moose's up at Ft. Indiantown Gap then swung round via Marquette lake to see the Bald Eagles and then finally a walk at Memorial Lake.
As we were walking out the door, me carrying my photo gear I though I'd take a quick shot of one the ferns about ready to unfurl outside the front door.

Fern
If the mood takes me I'll set the tripod up and do a focus stacked picture tomorrow.

Once we parked the car at Memorial Lake and were starting out over the dam I noticed this bright yellow flower. I haven't got a clue what it is so if you can identify it let me know.

Yellow Flower

Once across the dam we saw a Horned Grebe and I managed to get some pictures of him, the light was awful but it is what it is.
Horned Grebe

Horned Grebe
Walking back to my camera bag to switch to a macro lens I noticed these little Violet type flowers.

Violet ?

A little further on I found a whole load of these Dogtooth Violets or Trout Lilies. Pretty little things but none of them were holding their head up.

Dogtooth Violet or Trout Lily

Dogtooth Violet or Trout Lily


Carrying on a bit further I came across these and I haven't a clue as to their identity.

Wild Flower 

Finally I found this Song Sparrow singing away so I took his picture.

Song Sparrow









No comments:

Post a Comment