Thursday, April 9, 2015

A couple of years ago….


about this time I was down in Florida. I was just reading a blog about a bloke that popped over to Florida from the UK for a long weekend to photograph the birds. Not that flying the Atlantic for a long weekend is unusual, I used to do it regularly before I moved here permanently. The bloke took some really nice photographs in the same area that I like to visit which is just South of Ft Myers at a place called Little Estero Lagoon. Little Estero Lagoon There is a series of muddy tidal pools along the beach with mangroves and sandy beaches. You can lie down to photograph a wading bird, get all muddy and then you can just walk into the Gulf of Mexico to clean up. The birds are ridiculously tame down there, they actually come towards you.

I'm getting my D810 and 80-400 lens back today and I hope to start taking some new shots at the weekend.






Snowy Plover




Sanderling



Willet




No comments:

Post a Comment