Friday, March 6, 2015

Moonlit BackYard

Moonlight 
I woke up coughing at around 3AM due to the Upper Respiratory Thing thats been going around. Decided a cup of tea would be nice but on my way to the kitchen I noticed how bright the yard was in the moonlight. Having recently just had an email exchange with Colin, an old birding friend of mine in the UK about seeing things differently and breaking out of conventional photography I thought I'd try something different. While my English Breakfast Supreme was brewing I got the tripod, camera and a nice 50mm Zeiss lens I don't use enough and headed into Kelly's sewing room which commands a nice view over the backyard. It took me a while to slide the frosted window open without waking her but I managed it. When I say I managed it I mean I got the window open. If I did wake her I'll get it in the neck in the morning. So with the window open and the 11f air coming into the room I needed to be quick or I'd have frostbite in my nether regions which would not be good. The above photograph is a pretty damn good representation of the backyard at 3:30am EST.


Now a plug for Colin while I'm at it. Take a look his pictures and buy a few, you never know, he'll be even more famous/notorious one day. http://photo-hub.co.uk/artists/colin-towe

No comments:

Post a Comment