Sunday, March 1, 2015

Little Green Heron Bad Hair Day

This juvenile Little Green Heron was having a bad hair day. I was working in York (York Pennsylvania before anyone gets excited) and beside the car park there was an overgrown retension pond where the Little Green Heron family was raised. I saw at least 3 young heronlets or whatever young herons are called.  One afternoon when I was leaving one of the juveniles was learning to hunt on his own and I just wound the window down and snapped away. The second picture was taken in June 2012 when I was down in Florida on a week long conference. Florida in June is just plain nasty. The heat and humidity is awful. I had to go out and buy more shirts as I was changing them 3 or 4 times a day when I got the opportunity to go out photographing.

Little Green Heron Juvenile

Little Green Heron

I think this is a juvenile too,  probably a few months older

No comments:

Post a Comment