Friday, March 17, 2023

Thursday Part II. Siri has Brain Fart, again.

Leaving Bombay Hook I headed South West to another National Wildlife Refuge, Blackwater in Maryland. It was my first visit and I wanted to go because I'd seen some outrageously gorgeous  Great Horned Owl pictures from there. While I often hear Great Horned in the yard I only ever see them flying past in the darkness. I got there around 12ish and headed for the visitor center to ask where to look and this couple and I headed off to look. We failed miserably. I drove up and down this stretch of road several times looking but no luck in the warm bright sunshine. Plan B was always to head a little ways North to whats colloquially termed the 'Wall of Shame'. No fucking way! My name for it is "Wall of Fuck Me, this is amazing". See for yourself, hundreds of duck which I rarely see in Pennsylvania.


This is a small fraction of the ducks present.


There were Lesser Scaup, Greater Scaup, Canvasbacks, American Wigeon and Mallards and really close!


American Wigeon
American Wigeon
Canvasback
Canvasback
Lesser Scaup
Lesser Scaup
Mallard
Mallard
Mid afternoon I started heading back home. The route Siri suggested may have been the fastest but I didn't want to endure the nutters round Wilmington. I asked Siri to head initially to Wilmington then as we got close I cancelled that and asked her to take me to Gap in Pennsylvania which was the way I prefer. Siri did great, we (Siri and I) got to Gap without any problems at all. I asked her nicely if she would now take me home. The route is normally cross country through Amish Country, through little towns like Intercourse, Paradise, Bird-in-Hand, Lititz, Leola. This time she took me through New Holland, Hinkletown (yes fucking Hinkletown) I'm calling this another Siri Brain Fart. Still it was a good day out.

No comments:

Post a Comment