Friday, March 17, 2023

Thursday Part 1. Mike has a Brain Fart

After the high winds of the last few days I needed to take some photographs, the cats were avoiding me if I had a camera in my hand. I decided on Bombay Hook in Delaware. Sunrise was for 7:12am  so I timed my departure to arrive shortly after for around 7:30ish. I started loading the Outback just before 5am making sure I'd got everything, big lens, medium lens, cameras, bottle of water, wallet, iPhone etc. Before I finally closed the door I had a last look to make sure I hadn't left anything. Right, off I went along the lane admiring the Quarter Moon low on the South Eastern horizon. I even started thinking about an old Emmylou Harris song 'Easy From Now On' from back in 1978, funny how something can trigger an old song. I asked Siri to play it for me. So I'm heading off singing away but after about 5 or 6 miles or so I suddenly realized I was wearing my nice sheepskin moccasin slippers rather than my Merrel Moab's. Damnit, I'd look a real tit walking around Bombay Hook in my slippers. So screaming U'ey and I'm heading back home. So that was Brain Fart number 1, wait for the next thrilling installment for Brain Fart number 2.

Bombay Hook wasn't bad, but still too early in the year. it will be much better in 6 weeks or so.

Bombay Hook
American Avocets
American Avocets
Great Blue Heron
Northern Shoveller
Red-winged Blackbird
Red-winged Blackbird
Red-winged Blackbirding

1 comment: