Friday, December 24, 2021

Poor Raccoon.

 I popped out yesterday to go and get some wild bird seed. I looked into the field and there were 3 large birds by the side of the lane. Vultures I thought but as I got closer I could see the white head of an adult Bald Eagle. After a screaming Uey I was dashing back home for my camera. By the time I got back the adult was circling above me and there were now 3 juvenile Bald Eagle's. Two of them took off leaving just the one which took off as I got too close. One my return a while later there were several Turkey Vultures around the deceased Raccoon and one juvenile Bald on the road looking on, just as a car was coming. It flew as the car got too close thank goodness but I did manage to get a flight shot of it.

Juvenile Bald Eagle

the extended feathers on the rear wings indicate it's this year bird.

No comments:

Post a Comment