Thursday, December 30, 2021

On a day like today...

 ... you use flash. Today was really dark, dismal, foggy and drizzly but I really needed some PhotoTherapy. I got the remote flash setup outside with a plastic bag cover to protect it from the rain. As it's a wireless remote you need a little gizmo to plug into the camera. I couldn't find it, I was sure it had become a cat toy and was hiding under a bookshelf or maybe it had made it's all the way down to the kitty kitchen. I found it eventually, I had put it back in it's drawstring bag where it should be. Doh! Initially very quiet and I only managed a few shots in an hour and a half. I gave up and vacuumed and polished 2/3 of the living room/ dining room floor. I noticed much more activity after lunch and one nice thing about a day like today is that you don't have nasty harsh lighting limiting your phototherapy. I got set up again and got quite a few nice shots even if I do say so myself.

Blue Jay
Dark-eyed Junco
Downy Woodpecker
Eastern Bluebirds
Northern Cardinal
Red-bellied Woodpecker
Ruby-crowned Kinglet
White-breasted Nuthatch



Now I can't get that ancient 50's Pat Boone song out of my head! Love Letters in the Sand, Mum and Dad listened to it on a 78rpm record of all things, I grew listening to it along with the Platters and many more which the younger generations have never heard off. Pat Boone was the Justin Blubber of the 50's.

No comments:

Post a Comment