Wednesday, July 22, 2020

Butterfly Time

It's that time of year again, the birds are pretty straggly after raising their broods. The flowers are blooming nicely in my rather overgrown butterfly garden and the butterflies are pretty active. I noticed a Monarch a couple of days ago and I saw another that was frequenting a Swamp Milkweed so I went out to try and get a shot or two. There's loads of white's out there, hordes of Silver Spotted Skippers and the odd Monarch. They must have been around longer than I though because I found a couple of little Monarch caterpillars. On the way back into the house I found this Emperor Butterfly on the siding. I get both the Hackberry Emperor and the Tawny Emperor in the yard and they look very similar. This is a Hackberry Emperor from the spot markings the wings. 



Monarch

Monarch


Hackberry Emperor

No comments:

Post a Comment