Sunday, November 25, 2018

Sunday Pot Pouri

Sunday morning I was up bright and early for the 1 1/4 hour drive down to Conowingo Dam to photograph the Eagles. I got there about 1/2 hour before the actual sunrise which is when I wanted to arrive. The water was very high and flowing through like the proverbial steam train. I suppose it was too be expected after all the rain and snow we've had, not to mention the 1-2 inches we got last night. OK then. This doesn't look promising, I thought. I took a few shots of the sunrise and a shot of an eagle roosting in a tree. I got chatting to Doug and Geoff a couple of regulars, they said it was dire and has been for a few weeks. It was pretty chilly, colder than a witches tit just waiting for the eagle action that never came. OK then. Plan B. I decided to head to Pinacle Overlook further up the Susquehanna. On the way there I stopped at Muddy Run Reservoir to see if there was anything worth photographing. A White-tailed Doe was quite obliging and didn't mind me one bit. Onward to Pinacle Overlook which was quite misty. So a bit of this and a bit of that. 

Conowingo Sunrise

Conowingo Sunrise with Eagle

Conowingo Eagle (2 of them)


White-tail Doe at Muddy Run

Pinacle Overlook on the Susquehanna

No comments:

Post a Comment