Sunday, November 11, 2018

Sunday Morning, it's freezing

Nice bright Sunday morning and the high winds of yesterday have died down. I had a dead 100ft high Red Oak taken down on Wednesday and I'm really glad it's no longer a threat to the house. I have some videos but for some reason Blogger is acting up and I can't upload them.

Anyway, there was a frost last night, it was down to 29f this morning. My Pineapple Sage survived it and as I'm pretty sure  I saw a Hummingbird yesterday it might come back. This time of year they are usually the rarer varieties. My ground feeder is high with Black Oil Sun flower seeds as there have been several reports of Evening Grosbeak. I dearly want an Evening Grosbeak.

I'm going out later to pot some bare root American Chestnut trees which I got on Tuesday. I'm not going to plant them until the spring as I've ran out of tree tubes to protect them. I also got a Crabapple which will hopefully provide fruit in a few years for the deer.

Here's a picture of a Dunlin from earlier this year at Barnegat Lighthouse.

Dunlin



No comments:

Post a Comment