Monday, June 22, 2015

Garden Bugs


After a couple of inches of rain overnight (50.8mm to all you metric types) the yard was a bit soggy and humid with lots of bitey mossies in the shady areas which is pretty much the whole yard really. After a quick going over with anti bug spray I ventured out with camera and a 150mm Macro lens and first checked out the herbs growing in big pots on the deck. I found several Black Swallowtail caterpillars but no Monarch caterpillars as yet. Further down the yard the Mayapples had nice big 'apples' but I wasn't going to get low enough to get a shot as it was way too wet. Further down I came across various and assorted other bugs that I'll go look up.
Black Swallowtail on Parsley

Black Swallowtail on Dill
Good Bug and Bad Bugs

Assassin Beetle?

Assassin Beetle changing his skin?


No comments:

Post a Comment