Saturday, July 19, 2014

Black and White

Spending a very lazy Saturday afternoon just reading and playing with the furry critters. I was reading an actual paper magazine entitled Outdoor Photographer. The main focus (get the pun? Photography Mag, focus) of the magazine was black and white photographs. I thought I'll do a bit of B&W myself. I fired up Photoshop, bit of tweaking here and there, converted to Black and White with Nik Silver Efex and voila. Here ya go.

Bass Harbor Lighthouse is my favorite lighthouse in the whole world, well ones that I've been to anyway. To reach it and get photographs such as these you have to climb down steep and precarious wooden steps, leap, clamber and jump over and onto wet barnacle encrusted slippery rocks while carrying camera gear all the while keeping a watchful eye for rogue waves and tsunamis. One of these days I'm going to do it in the pre-dawn hours so I can get a shot or two as the sun is coming up.

Foggy Coast

Bass Harbor Lighthouse.

Bass Harbor Lighthouse.



No comments:

Post a Comment