Saturday, May 24, 2014

Botanising

This morning was spent botanising at Shenks Ferry Wildflower Preserve in Lancaster County.  I had the place to myself, listening to the birds as I walked to the top of the trail. Although the flowers were either gone over or not out yet I still enjoyed the easy hike to the top and back. Along the way I saw Louisiana Waterthrush, Worm-eating Warbler, Great Crested Flycatcher, Pileated Woodpecker, Red-eyed Vireo, Willow Flycatcher, Wood Peewee, Phoebe and several others.  When I left Shenks Ferry I went to the nearby Pinnacle Overlook 500ft above the Susquehanna River. At this point the river is 190ft deep which considering its only a few feet deep for much of its length is amazing. 

Shenks Ferry Stream


 



Amish Farmer

Pinnacle Overlook

No comments:

Post a Comment