Wednesday, September 20, 2023

I was a bit dubious at first but it's a keeper.

 Literally years ago, maybe 2019 or 2020 Nikon announced they were working on a 200-600mm zoom lens for the Z series mirrorless cameras. I immediately phoned Allen’s Camera and had my name put on the list for one. I waited and waited and waited and eventually it morphed into a180-600mm. I was a little dubious as although every Z series lens they've released have been phenomenal the 180-600 was a budget style and not one of the top end series of lenses. Being priced at only $1699 I wasn't sure I was going to keep it. Years ago I had previously bought the F series budget 200-500mm zoom and sent it back.

 In a fixed set up the ability to get close up shots of a chickadee at 600mm and being able to zoom out to 500mm to get a Blue Jay in the frame is ideal. 

I'm keeping it 👍👍



Blue Jay
Carolina Chickadee
Mourning Dove

No comments:

Post a Comment