Monday, April 10, 2023

1st Session at the Waterfall for 2023

 It was a very nice afternoon, mid 60s and a few birds at the waterfall and as I was eager to try out my Christmas present Tragopan Chair Blind I decided to give it a go. I set up the chair blind closer than normal as I didn't want to trample the flowering Daffodils. I setup with the 500mm which was too long and I was struggling to get the birds in the frame. As there was quite a lot of activity I made do. I was hearing Cedar Waxwings really close and I was wishing and hoping they would come down but they didn't. The Flicker came down for a drink and he was way too big so I did a portrait instead. After dinner I went back out with the 100-400 which was much more manageable. Heres a few of the 1700 shots I took.

American Robin
American Robin
American Robin
Carolina Chickadee
Carolina Wren
Grey Squirrel
Northern Flicker
Northern Flicker
Song Sparrow
Song Sparrow
Song Sparrow

No comments:

Post a Comment