Friday, February 11, 2022

Mike does the Jersey Shore Part 3

 On to Brigantine. It’s actually renamed to the Edwin B Forsythe National Wildlife Refuge. My first visit was in October 1975 so I along with most birders still call it Brigantine or just Brig. 

People are so dumb and getting dumber. I Googled it to get the correct spelling and they actually have reviews of the place. Here’s one, word for word. “Selection of birds was excellent, well stocked, highly recommend”. Where does this moron think the birds come from? Does the shit for brains think it’s a fucking zoo? Beam me up Scotty. I have zero tolerance for dumb ass morons these day, must be old age creeping up on me. Reminds me of a trip to the North Rim of the Grand Canyon, Kelly and I were at one of viewpoints, silently taking in the spectacular breathtaking views and geology of the place when this couple walked up. The woman was dressed up as if she thought it was a disco, pink stiletto’s, mini skirt, glittery blouse and pounds of make up. A chipmunk ran past and the ‘lady’ blurted out in a loud shrieky  voice “It’s one of them there rat things”. Kelly and I looked at each other and we both totally lost it. I laughed til my ribs hurt. OK, I’m done. There’s lots of stupid people out there.  

Hooded Merganser

Hooded Meganser


There were several Northern Harrier’s along the 8 mile loop, I even went round a second time. 

Northern Harrier

Northern Harrier

Northern Harrier

Northern Harrier
Northern Harrier

Northern Harrier

Pintail

No comments:

Post a Comment