Sunday, January 3, 2021

2021

I really hope 2021 is better than 2020. Thats all I'm going to say about that. 

My shed has been finally repaired after the humungous wild cherry crushed the roof during a storm. There's another huge cherry that I'm very wary of and I think it needs to come down. I think over the years 6 of them have fallen. I think every one has been hollow at the base, which is not unusual apparently. There's several of their offspring growing in various places around the yard so I dont feel too bad about loosing the big ones. 

It's been snowing frozen ice this morning so I've not been out much except to fill up the feeders. I did go out and yelled at the Coopers Hawk that frightened off the birds I was photographing. Just looking out the little bastard is still there. The feeders were very active until he showed up. They wont come back until he moves off. I yelled at him but he was high up in one of the tall oaks and he just ignored me.
Coopers Hawk
American Goldfinch
House Finch
Northern Cardinal
Red-bellied Woodpecker

1 comment:

  1. Some beautiful photographs Mike. I found this via bird forum. I have a Nikkor 500 PF with Nikon D500, and have been trying to choose between the D850 and a Z camera. This stunning work is pushing me towards the mirrorless.

    ReplyDelete