Monday, May 1, 2017

One out of three

Sunday morning I noticed warblerish movement in the tree tops so grabbing my bins I went out onto the upper deck. Sure enough there were several Yellow-rumped Warblers in the tree tops looking for food. There was a very nondescript little brown job amongst them, a Tennessee perhaps. As I stood there a beautiful Baltimore Oriole landed in the Hickory growing through the deck, only a few feet above my head and started calling. Carefully I went inside to grab my camera, it flew off when I got back outside. I made the mistake of taking the camera back inside. Going back out again a Yellow-bellied Sapsucker landed on the Hickory and started pecking away. It flew off as I went to get my camera. Camera in hand I waited for it to come back and a Great-crested Flycatcher landed in the very popular Hickory and perched for me. One out of three, I'll settle for that.

Great-crested Flycatcher

No comments:

Post a Comment