Thursday, February 9, 2017

Barnegat Lighthouse SP and Shark River Inlet

As I mentioned in the first of the Barnegat posts I've known about it for 10 years but never made it out there until this week. I want to go again, very soon. This time I want to get there mid to late afternoon to have the better light and from behind me. I'm keeping an eye on the weather forecast.

After Barnegat we headed to a place beginning with "M" something but we never got there because the exit from the New Jersey Garden State Parkway was blocked off. We headed to Shark River Inlet instead and my travelling companions were very glad we did because there in the inlet was a Razorbill. Quite a rare bird this far South apparently. I was more interested in the Snow Buntings. We eventually found them in weedy area close to where we were standing. They really were blending in with the sand and vegetation.
Black Scoter


Harlequin Ducks


Harlequin Duck


Harlequin Duck


Harlequin Ducks


Ruddy Turnstone


Snow Bunting


Snow Bunting


No comments:

Post a Comment