Wednesday, December 10, 2014

I tickled a Tiger

Years ago in the late 70's while working in Germany I visited Stuttgart Zoo one Sunday afternoon. It was very quiet with very few visitors and as I was wandering around the zoo I came across the Tigers. The cage was down a little alcove and the only thing separating the bars of the cage from the visiting potential food source was a small barrier fence about 2 feet high, I kid you not it was no more than that. It was Germany and of course there was the obligatory sign telling the potential food source not to step over the fence. Being Germans of course they obeyed the sign like the good Germans they were . Me being a visiting Englander I didn't take any notice of shit like that. Now, Mr Tiger was stretched out on his side with this huge great ear sticking out of the bars of the cage. It was so easy to step over the poxy little barrier and tickle Mr Tigers ear and as I'm writing this typing with all my limbs obviously Mr Tiger didn't wake up so I lived to tell the tale of the day I tickled a tigers ear.

This is not the tiger in the story, this is a resident of Popcorn Park in New Jersey.

Bengal Tiger

No comments:

Post a Comment