Monday, September 29, 2014

Marbled Orbweaver Spider

Not quite as big as the Holy Shit Spider from last month but still pretty impressive. I wandered down the drive this afternoon to collect the mail and there she was waiting for me. Her web extended from a Red Oak tree to the mail box and when I did dare to open the mail box she scuttled off into her lair among the leaves. I went back up to the house to get my camera and as soon as I tapped the web out she came out in a flash to find the juicy morsel that had become trapped in her web. Fooled her, it was the tip of my glasses. Hell, I wasn't going to touch the web with my finger, I might have got stuck to it! She's a beauty.

Marbled Orbweaver

Marbled Orbweaver

Marbled Orbweaver Lair in the folded leaf right of center.

1 comment:

  1. Very nice looking spider. It would be nice to see it landing on my neck while I'm in the woods. There would be screaming anyway.

    ReplyDelete