Friday, April 11, 2014

Phoebe's, one of my favorite birds.

I saw my first Phoebe of the year in the yard yesterday and although I wasn't quick enough with the camera I remembered these beauties from a few years ago. The Eastern Phoebe usually builds a nest on a platform I made for them under the eaves of the garage. One time they built a nest over the sliding door on the deck, what a mess they made. I didn't mind as they are superb flycatchers and do their bit in keeping the mossies under control.

Eastern Phoebe in the backyard.

Black Phoebe, Malibu Lagoon, California

A few years ago I spent several weeks working just North of Malibu in South California. In the evenings and on weekends I often visited Malibu Lagoon to watch and photograph the birds. I came across this Black Phoebe on the beach and he was quite photogenic so I took his picture.

No comments:

Post a Comment