Sunday, May 15, 2022

Lots more migrants today.

 I was out on the deck bright and early cup of tea in hand. Lots of rain last night and everywhere was dripping including the trees with Warblers, Vireos, Orioles etc. I set Merlin to work while I slurped my tea and quite unexpected up popped a Yellow-throated Warbler. Very rare in Lebanon County. I had one a couple of years ago that out of the blue turned up on my feeder as I was photographing. As several people need it for the County I did a bit of texting. It showed up on Merlin several times after I cleared it so I'm pretty sure it was genuine. Couldn't find it though. A while later I left it listening while I popped inside to make a second cup of tea. A half hour later I went back out and it had heard a Mourning Warbler. Now that is a bird I would love to get a decent photograph of. Not to be. Lots of other good stuff however. Heres a few that came to the waterfall in the afternoon.

American Redstart
Baltimore Oriole
Black and White Warbler
Chestnut-sided Warbler
Common Yellowthroat
Common Yellowthroat
Common Yellowthroat
Scarlet Tanager
Scarlet Tanager
Scarlet Tanager
Song Sparrow
Swainsons Thrush

No comments:

Post a Comment