Saturday, May 21, 2022

7 Days Later

Migration appeared to slow down considerably during the week but as of last night it seems to have picked up again. There were lots of birds in the air last night over the county, how many decided to land and sample the delights of the bugs in my yard is anybodies guess however. Early this morning I set my iPhone outside running the Merlin App Sound ID and this is what it thinks it heard.

Now I've seen everything below the Mourning Warbler in the yard several times or regularly for some. The Mourning Warbler is one I would dearly love to get in the yard. It's a lovely looking warbler and i've only ever seen two before and to have one in the yard at the waterfall while I was in the blind and to get a great shot of one would be rather nice.  One can only hope, as one is being reported by Merlin then there is hope, is today going to be my lucky day? Heres a few from earlier in the week.
American Redstart
American Redstart
American Redstart
Common Yellowthroat

No comments:

Post a Comment