Monday, October 26, 2020

Terrible Day Birding

 Monday October whatever it is has been a lousy day for birding. We went back to SGL145 to try for the flock of  Evening Grosbeak without any luck whatsoever. We did see Bluebirds, hordes of Chipping Sparrow's, White-throated Sparrow's, Song Sparrow's, Pine Siskin's, Goldfinch, House Finch, Purple Finch, Pileated, Downy, Hairy, Red-bellied Woodpecker's and Flicker's, Tufted Titmice, Chickadee's but not one Evening Grosbeak. So I came home. 

At the base of one of the feeders was a stunning male White-crowned Sparrow which I didn't manage to photograph. Bugger, I'm not having much luck today at all. I reluctantly decided to have a go at photographing out of the window at a new perch I set up at the weekend. Damnit I missed a Red-breasted Nuthatch. This day has been just awful. I did take a few shots while I was waiting for the Red-breasted to come back which he didn't. All in all a terrible day's birding.

Carolina Chickadee (probably)

Dark-eyed Junco

House Finch

Immature Male Northern Cardinal
Male Northern Cardinal

Purple Finch

Purple Finch

Red-bellied Woodpecker


Blue Jay

No comments:

Post a Comment