Saturday, October 31, 2020

Evening Grosbeak

Over the years I've seen Rose-breasted Grosbeak, Japanese Grosbeak, Blue Grosbeak but never ever the best looking of the lot, an Evening Grosbeak. Theres been an influx of them this year, and last Sunday and Monday we spent several hours looking for a flock that Brian saw without success. Out of the blue this afternoon a txt message from Tim sent me haring off like the old twitcher I am in pursuit of a flock at a nearby feeder a few miles away. Tim's message gave the address as M****** Drive and as I headed out of the driveway I asked Siri to navigate to the address. Siri came back with directions to M***** Road so I said no I want M***** Drive. This went on through several iterations until I told her to go and do something  unnatural with the rough end of a Pineapple. I stopped and entered it into the cars built in GPS and it took me to M***** Drive except when I got there the road sign does say Road after all. I apologize Siri. Anyway after waiting for a few minutes the Grosbeak flock flew over the house and into the distance. Oh well I've seen one I thought but I'll give it a few more minutes. They came back.


Evening Grosbeak

Evening Grosbeak

Evening Grosbeak

Evening Grosbeak


1 comment:

  1. Fantastic Evening Grosbeak shots! I'm very jealous. Through the entire winter so far I have found exactly one Grosbeak, a heard-only bird in Harrisburg. Very underwhelming. Good for you for seeing a whole flock!

    ReplyDelete