Saturday, October 10, 2020

Cape May Day 2

 After a nights sleep at the Jetty in Cape May I headed for the Morning Flight at Higbees Beach. From the car park at the end of the road I went right to the tower which has been pretty good in the past. Not as good as Thursday's flight but not bad and very still compared to Thursday's breeze. I didn't stay too long as I wanted to get to Brigantine before the light got too harsh.


Morning Flight

A quick stop at Wawa for a coffee and a bagel and up the Parkway to Brigantine. Brigantine is a lot like Minsmere except it's 10 times bigger and you drive round on raised embankments rather than walk. 


Brigantine with Atlantic City in the background.

Initially I was driving into the sun and having to photograph behind me or to the side but the light was pretty good after a turn to the North.



Caspian Tern


I spent a good while photographing the Caspian Terns who were actively feeding close to the embankment. 



Northern Harrier

There were several Harriers around and I missed a Peregrine and a Harrier having a tussle.

Snowy Egret

Snowy Egrets were greatly outnumbered by the Great Egrets.

Great Egret




No comments:

Post a Comment