Monday, April 24, 2023

Oops I did it again.

 Just like yesterday I had the morning planned, I was in the middle of vacuuming the living/dining room floor when I looked out the window. I'm glad I did. Damn, but in a good way. So how many Red-headed Woodpecker shots do you need? A couple of thousand plus the odd Chickadee and Red-bellied Woodpecker. So after Woody came back a few times I've still got a 1/3 of the floor to vacuum and steam clean. It was worth it.

I knew he was around because I've been hearing his distinctive call a few times but today was the first time I've seen him. They used to breed in the yard for several years then stopped when I think it got too overgrown. As I've been removing invasive Honeysuckle shrubs and the Emerald Ash Borer got loads of Ash trees I hope they're back.

Red-headed Woodpecker
Red-headed Woodpecker
Red-headed Woodpecker
Red-headed Woodpecker
Red-headed Woodpecker
Red-headed Woodpecker
Red-headed Woodpecker
Red-headed Woodpecker
Red-headed Woodpecker
Red-headed Woodpecker
Red-headed Woodpecker

No comments:

Post a Comment