Saturday, April 15, 2023

Damn it was hot!

 Friday was rather sticky in the 87F (30.5C) afternoon, the temperature sitting in the blind was about 50 degrees hotter! I'm sure I've been in sauna's that were cooler than the inside of that blind. Still, when it's hot like that the birds come down to drink and bathe much more often. Not only that, there were several first of year Myrtle Warblers, a Chipping Sparrow, at least 2 Hermit Thrush and the Flickers were regular visitors to have a drink.

I've never been interested in keeping a diary but one aspect of this blog is that I can go back and look when I saw the first warbler in the yard for instance. Last year it was April 25th so 10 days earlier this year. April 13th in 2021 got me a new warbler for the yard in the shape of a Yellow-throated Warbler. I'll be on the look out for another one of those!

http://mikes-photographs.blogspot.com/2021/04/decide-to-change-title.html

It's certainly never that warm in the blind so early in the year, I hope it does cool down a little bit.



Brown-headed Cowbird

Hermit Thrush
Hermit Thrush
Hermit Thrush
Hermit Thrush
Myrtle Warbler
Myrtle Warbler
Myrtle Warbler
Myrtle Warbler
Northern Cardinal
Northern Flicker
Northern Flicker

so close I barely got him in the frame.
Northern Flicker
Song Sparrow

1 comment:

  1. Wow! Incredible photos, Mike. Love them all. So good to keep this blog so you can check back on the prior year. -- Jess

    ReplyDelete