Thursday, September 15, 2022

No flies on me

In all of my trips to the New Jersey coast or the Delaware Bay recently I have been plagued with those nasty green headed blood sucking flies. Not yesterday.

I started the day at Brigantine a.k.a. Edwin B Forsythe NWR.

Brigantine with Atlantic City in the background
Brigantine
Brigantine

Black Skimmers
Black Skimmer
Black-crowned Night Heron bedding down for the day.
Forster's Tern
Forster's Tern
Great Blue Heron
Northern Harrier
Osprey
Osprey
Red Fox
Red Fox

I then drove down to Cape May to the Hawkwatch Platform at the Lighthouse.
I took loads of pictures but the birds were really high and as it was hot there was lots of heat distortion.  
Not a bad haul of birds though, I didn't see the whole list but a good selection of them.



Cape May Hawkwatch Platform

After several hours there I decided to head home via Delaware with a few seabirds and a fair wind and a bit of luck. 

Outback on the Atlantic Ocean
Great Black-backed Gull 
Laughing Gull
Brown Pelican on the Lewes Breakwater

No comments:

Post a Comment