Thursday, August 18, 2022

Swatara State Park and Bordner's Cabin

 Yesterday I popped over to Middle Creek to see what waders were about. Lots of Killdeer, Semi-P's and Least but distant. I then did the tour route hoping to find a Meadow Lark posing on a post. Instead I came across a bird that I had no idea what it was until I got much closer and got my bin's on it. It was a male Bluebird moulting. So basically I've given up on birds for a bit and the butterflies are really worn so Plan B was put into effect.

As it was a nice morning I took myself off to Swatara State Park to take some shots of Bordner's Cabin. I parked at the Swopes Valley Trailhead and biked down Bear Hole Trail to get to the cabin which is built right beside Acriggs Falls.

I just used my iPhone instead of my normal Nikon's to take the following shots.

Bordner's Cabin
Bordner's Cabin
Acriggs Falls through the window
Acriggs Falls

currently just a trickle
Bordner's Cabin
Outside the cabin
Acriggs Falls
Bordner's Cabin
Bear Hole Trail
Bear Hole Trail ferns and invasive Japanese Stilt Grass



More about Bordner's Cabin. Bordner's Cabin

No comments:

Post a Comment