Monday, July 6, 2015

Unexpected!

This afternoon I dropped some plants off at Brian's house and driving back home on a whim I decided to pop up the Mountain to see if could photograph some nice friendly butterflies or maybe some pretty flowers. When I got up there look what I found waiting to bite me. I had on my 150mm macro lens, yeah right. I switched to my 80-400mm. Shit, I wasn't getting anywhere near this critter. It must have been at least 4ft long. What a beauty…….from a distance.

E.Timber Rattlesnake

E.Timber Rattlesnake

E.Timber Rattlesnake

E.Timber Rattlesnake

E.Timber Rattlesnake

Beware! Snake in the grass, just right of center.

One of these days I'm going to remember that my camera has video capability!

I once asked one of Wildlife guys from the base what happens if you get bitten by a Rattlesnake. His answer was "Oh you might loose a limb or nothing if it's a dry bite".

No comments:

Post a Comment